Sewing the Elephant from individual drawings we each did.
This was a real struggle because all I wanted to do was copy from a book. We had to draw it from how we felt an animal would walk about - something in motion.
Here is my drawings (with others) - then we took that "live" drawing and did a sideways drawing to make the pattern from.
Cutting out the patterns proves difficult for people that generally get things backwards and upside down on a regular basis.
I did end up with a lovely elephant.
Making the underbelly and head gusset takes finesse and extra cutting, plus a confidence with your ladder stitch will help you make it look like you want. My elephant still isn't finished - I have to add his ears and tail on. I'll post him when I'm done. He is up in the top picture - second from the left.