Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Marigolds


So, I picked the last of my marigolds today - the weather is just right for this time of year and I almost think its still October with its bright blue sky, crisp mornings & sunny days. The birds are scurrying around the bird feeders and the squirrels are burying nuts in the garden soil (which I will have to dig out later in the spring when they don't find them all). I might have to go around and see if I can pick the last of the goldenrod today - it was a very bad year for this flower, wonder if it had anything to do with all the wet weather we had in early Fall? Most of the leaves are down and I can just feel everything starting to shut down for the winter. I will be happy with my spinning wheel and wool that I got at the festival and will hunker down myself.


No comments: