Saturday, August 31, 2019

Sunflower & Indigo happiness

I wish all handwork teachers lots of joy and patience for the upcoming school year.  I hope to post a lot more this year and take you through my school year.  Im very happy to say I will be teaching Grade 1/2 combined, Grade 3, Grade 4, Grade 5, Grade 6/7 (double period) and Grade 8 (double period). 
These are the sunflowers that Grade 1 planted in the classroom last year and I planted outdoors at the beginning of the summer.  They will gather under there for the first class and see the beauty of their efforts.  We will then gather some plants from the dye garden (right behind this) and start some sun dye jars with string for Grade 4 to embroider with.  Grade 6/7 will be helping me with the indigo vat I want to start.  Exciting times with the dye garden.

No comments: